LabBahasaInggris.co.id – id·i·om /ˈidēəm/ Idiom adalah kelompok kata yang dirangkai dengan susunan tertentu yang artinya tidak dapat diprediksi dari arti kata-kata yang tersusun terpisah.
Pada artikel ini, saya akan memberikan kalian beberapa contoh soal Bahasa Inggris tentang IDIOMS.
Yuk, kita simak bersama! 🙂
Table of Contents
Soal Bahasa Inggris Tentang Idioms Lengkap Dengan Kunci Jawaban
Latihan Soal 1
Chose the correct definition for the idiom in this quiz.
1) What is the definition of Look out for number one?
A) To have difficulty doing something, or to experience a difficult period.
B) To help someone with something.
C) To do something so that you will get all the benefit.
D) To be difficult to find, or to be very isolated and remote.
2) What is the definition of Lick your wounds?
A) To swear a lot.
B) To go away and recover from a bad experience or defeat.
C) A way to ask someone what they are thinking about.
D) To start to do something before all the preparation has been finished.
3) What is the definition of Have a blast?
A) To tell someone to be polite and to use good manners.
B) Something that you find very easy to do.
C) To say that it is someone else’s responsibility to make a decision or do something.
D) To have a very good time.
4) What is the definition of Stand on ceremony?
A) To expect that everything is done in the proper and very formal way.
B) To finish something or to give it away so that it is no longer your responsibility.
C) To say that having different experiences makes life fun and interesting.
D) To do something slowly.
5) What is the definition of Don’t know the first thing about it?
A) To have no knowledge of something.
B) The time that you can no longer change your mind, or when you have to do what you are doing now.
C) To use all your strength and ability to achieve something, or to be in very vicious combat.
D) To say you will deal with a problem when you need to and not before.
Latihan Soal 2
Chose the idiom that matches the definition given in each of the five questions in this quiz.
1) What is the meaning of the following definition: To say that it is easy to claim you will do something but what you really do is all that matters?
A) Actions speak louder than words
B) The ball is in your court
C) Second nature
D) Watch your P’s and Q’s
2) What is the meaning of the following definition: A phrase to say when something that is illegal has been found and is being stopped?
A) Cross that bridge when I come to it
B) Fight tooth and nail
C) Jig is up
D) Point of no return
3) What is the meaning of the following definition: To make a mistake?
A) Drag your feet
B) Variety is the spice of life
C) Wash your hands of it
D) Fall flat on my face
4) What is the meaning of the following definition: To be able to afford many expensive things?
A) The cart before the horse
B) Have deep pockets
C) A penny for your thoughts
D) Turn the air blue
5) What is the meaning of the following definition: To mean something full and with all your ability?
A) Off the beaten track
B) Give a hand
C) From the bottom of my heart
D) Tough time of it
Semoga contoh soal di atas dapat menambah wawasan kalian dalam menjawab soal-soal di sekolah khususnya tentang Idioms.